Merry meet, y'all!
Reverend Su Windsong specializes in serving unchurched, other-churched and interfaith couples and families. She works with you to create the perfect ceremony for you and your loved ones!
Rev Su was raised in a progressive Christian household and is now a duly ordained Neo pagan clergy person and licensed Wedding Officiant serving the greater Raleigh NC area, including Chapel Hill, Clayton, Durham, Franklin County, Garner, Knightdale, Louisburg, Morrisville, Raleigh, Rocky Mount, Fuquay Varina, Louisburg, Sanford, Smithfield, and Wake Forest.
Rev Su would be delighted to include personal vows, prayers and elements in your ceremony! A wedding ceremony example PDF is available, as well as detailed information about handfastings. Rev Su Windsong also performs baby blessings and retirement blessings for a goodwill offering.
Education and Training
- Lutheran (ELCA) Convention Youth Delegate (1987-1989)
- Catholic Mass Cantor (1991-1994)
- Bachelor of Arts in Music (May 1994), nearly completed minors in Religion and Music Composition
- Episcopalian Eucharistic Lay Minister Training (March 1994)
- Episcopalian Youth Minister (1996-1998)
- Post-Baccalaureate Certification in Music Education NY (December 1997)
- Master of Science in Education (May 2002)
- Board Member "Fire" for Church of the Earth in Raleigh (2007)
- Our Lady of Enchantment Seminary Graduate (October 2007)
- Associate Pastor at Loxley Abbey Church (2007 to 2009)
Reverend Su's Basic Beliefs
I do not belong to any tradition or clan, although if pressed, I call myself an Elementalist, meaning I see the world through a four-part lens, not three. To get REALLY specific, I am a bitheist because I believe that God is the transcendent spiritual aspect of the universe and Goddess is the immanent physical aspect of the universe who was created from God's imagination as a companion. I believe that God/dess (the Mother and Father of All) generally tries to keep the big picture of creation going toward a positive, constructive end, rather than entropy. But I do not believe they are all-powerful because they gave up some of that power when they designed creatures with free will. That is why bad things sometimes happen to good people, and vice versa.
In terms of magic, I am probably a hedge witch. Much of what I have learned, as a solitary seeker, I have learned through reading and experience (very common in Neopaganism, I have found.) My basic understanding of the mechanics of magic has developed over time through experience, thought, and discussion with others. I believe in Bohm's holographic universe, and Higginbotham's Theorem of Paganism. Many of these terms are defined further on this site (see "Theology Vocabulary").
- All of creation is blessed because it is created in Love from the matter and energy of the Mother and Father
- All of creation is connected and interdependent
- All of creation can communicate ~ material creatures, immaterial creatures, rocks, stars...everything.
- All of creation exists in every space and time; we experience the most probable path
- We can align the elements of creation to make a desired path more probable ~ this is the Craft, otherwise known as "magic".